DVD Photo Montage
We specialize in transforming your photos, video, and keepsakes into a memorable DVD photo montage movie that will be cherished for a lifetime. Your photo montage is the perfect way to add a personal or emotional touch to your wedding, birthday, holiday, anniversary celebration, memorial, graduation and more.
We can even create a DVD photo montage movie that announces a birth, spotlights a relationship, proposes marriage, introduces an organization, or advertises a product.
The photo-video album we create will reflect your own personal style based on the choices you make. It can feature your color-enhanced, digitally restored photos, slides, negatives, and video clips.
Here are a few ways to take advantage of our DVD Photo Montage movie!
- Applying for college? Set yourself apart from the other applicants by creating a montage that highlights your accomplishments and interests.
- Senior class fundraiser – Create a “live” yearbook to be shown at a graduation event. (call for more details)
- Superstar kid video – Make your child a star. Include fun facts about your child: likes, dislikes, nicknames, hobbies, sports, etc. Every kid loves to see himself on TV!
- Year in review family montage – Watch at a year-end holiday and celebrate the memories.
- Propose to your significant other and have a precious keepsake highlighting your relationship.
- Create a video of you and your best friend(s). Surprise them with it on a special day. Tell them the top 10 things that make them special.
- For a surprise birthday video, include text wishes from friends, family and/or guests.
- For a video montage to be shown at an anniversary party, including fun facts about the couple that others may not know.
- Make a montage of each year of your child(ren)s birthdays to be presented to him/her at their “sweet sixteenth” or some other special time.
- Create a special video montage message for a loved one far away, especially great for troops overseas!
- Have a product you need to market? Let us create a montage highlighting your product, then send copies to potential buyers!
- Are you in a Greek fraternal organization? Have a montage made for rush week.
- Add memorabilia to make your slideshow extra personal. Include things like announcements, news articles, and news video clips, letters, ticket stubs, etc.
- Create a video montage auditioning yourself to different clients and companies. Particularly useful for actors, dancers, singers, etc…
Where To Begin
- Determine the purpose of your montage
- What theme, event or person(s) are you spotlighting?
- Which package provides the time and number of photos that suit your needs?
- What emotion are you trying to evoke?
- Are captions necessary for clarity or desired for effect?
- What add-ons will you need to complete the video?
Choosing a photograph
- Be sure to choose photos where the subject is close-up and centered.
- It is best to put the photos in chronological order or by theme.
- Do not crop horizontal pictures vertically, as it will not transfer properly onto tv screen.
- Be sure to send/scan uncut, physically intact photos.
- Be sure to remove all photos from frames and scrapbooks.
- Whether scanning at home or photo center of choice, be sure the equipment and photos are free of lint, fingerprints and smudges.
- Use a resolution of 300 dpi or higher and examine the file before sending to us for clarity and distortion.
- Be sure to scan photos in the order in which you wish them to be presented using jpg format on a cd-r.
- Save each picture with a 3-digit number indicating the order.
- Place your photos on disk for each song in a separate envelope, then number the envelope in the correct order for the video.
Sending hard copies
- We will scan your photos for you at a charge of $.50 per photo.
- Using a sticky note on the back, number each photo in the order in which you wish them to appear. (write in pencil)
- Place your photos in an envelope or zip-lock bag, labeled by section and song.
- All photos will be returned with the shipment of final product.
- if you would like your pictures saved to a cd, see add-ons, photo archiving.
Using video clips
- bring your slide show to life by adding video at $5 per 1-minute clip. we highly recommend shorter clips dispersed throughout the slideshow, as opposed to one long clip.
- Save video clips (up to 1 minute each) onto disc in mpeg format.
- Title each clip with the number of the photo in which you want it to appear after. example: [after .014]
- Double check to make sure the disc was recorded correctly.
- Send disc, marked “video clips”, with all other media.
- Consider whether or not captions are necessary for clarity or desired for effect.
- To add captions (see package limitations) submit or email the photo number next to the caption on order form, as well as on the numbered sticky note. example: [.048 “having the time of our lives!”]
- Do not write directly on the back of your photo!
- Shorter quotes/captions work best.
- Choose a song(s) that compliments the theme of your video or had a special meaning or lyrics.
- Based on the length of your video, choose the appropriate number of song selections. (see packages)
- Check out our song suggestion list. if you have a favorite song(s) that suits the mood of your slideshow, send us a store bought cd or purchase the music from an on-line music store. (i-tunes, rhapsody, etc…).
- Be sure to write song title and artist in preferred order as presented in the video album.
- Choose 1 additional “back-up” song to be used in addition or in place of another if needed
* We can also purchase your music selections on your behalf for $1.00 each.
*Songs will be edited to fit the length of your video, using cross-fade to prevent pauses, if you do not wish for a song to be edited, please specify.
*Music cd’s will be returned with the shipment of the final product.
We have an extensive library of backgrounds to be used when creating unique slideshows. We will make our best effort to choose appropriate design and color choices that will best enhance your album. If you prefer to stick with a default color (solid background), please indicate on the order form.
The estimated time for completion of your video is two-four weeks from the date we receive your materials, unless otherwise discussed with your consultant, a rush order (needed in less than 10 days) can be arranged for a fee of $50.00. This includes 3-day production fee and express mail.